Governance Risk Screening and Rating
Control Analysis – In-depth Governance Research – Proprietary / Localized Rating System
Designed to serve long term value investors, active control aiming investors and hedge funds, GSG provides the following:
- Customized Analysis – Detailed client-focused analysis beyond what is readily available in the public domain so that our clients have the ability to make substantive and sustainable investment decisions.
- Issuer Rating – Corporate Governance Rating/Scoring Index via GSG IQ (see below) based on global corporate governance standards while adopting to the Chinese market reality.
- Proprietary Knowledgebase – Maintaining the most comprehensive China focused Corporate Governance Database including detailed profile information of all the directors.
- China CG Insight – Unrivaled in-depth research reports on China corporate governance, complex ownership and control structure, irregular accounting and business integrity.
Proxy Management and Voting Advisory
Responsible Policy Development – Shareholder Engagement – Special Situation Reports
While we regularly consult with China based institutional investors, sharing best international practices, GSG recently engaged one of China’s top pension funds to develop its first ever Voting Guidelines.
With our pertinent China and Global experience, we’re enabling China asset managers to comply and implement substantive guidelines, to develop internal proxy systems and to proactively engage with invested companies in order to protect the shareholders interest and ensure responsible investment.
With our multi-faceted backgrounds along with our relevant experience and proprietary technology, GSG now provides our clients the convenience of working with one advisory, utilizing an integrated platform for risk screening, engagement, proxy research, voting and reporting. Specifically, our firm provides:
- Policy Development – Voting principle policy development and localization for institutional investors, including asset owners and asset managers.
- Special Situation Advisory – Offering time-sensitive and comprehensive voting advice to international and domestic investors to help influence major corporate actions.
- Shareholder Engagement – Representing and collaborating with shareholders, encouraging effective engagement with issuers as well as the greater investment community to encourage more pervasive stakeholder participation.
- Governance Advocacy – Promote voting culture, collaborating closely with policy makers and regulators to make voting and recording of voting a compulsory part of improving overall corporate governance standards.
ESG Risk and Opportunity Analysis – Strategy and Implementation – Investment Integration Advisory
ESG related information on China corporates has historically been challenging to obtain. Accordingly, our China based team scrutinizes a number of sources in order to reliably deliver:
- Risk Screening and Evaluation – In-depth research and data analysis on all relevant ESG aspects of potential issuer investments.
- Issuer Advisory – on general ESG policy development and implementation, best practices and regulatory reporting.
- PRC Investment insight – Customized research to international investors with comparative analytics specifically on China corporates providing insight to protect shareholder value and mitigate risk.
- Regulator / Industry Collaboration – working with MSCI, ACGA, AMAC, CAPCO, CIKD and regulators in China to raise the awareness of ESG and sustainable investment.
- Training – together with our partner, CIKD and China Capital Market Institute, we provide extensive training to board directors, CFOs, and board secretaries on improving corporate governance and ESG standards.
GSG Intelex™ – Our AI enabled platform
This platform is not only our data analytics database, containing our institutional knowledge, but is also the backbone which assists our production of exclusive content, such as our white papers, articles, proactive personalized alerts, as well as our ratings matrix, called GSG Intelex Quotient (GSG IQ)™.
Based on internationally recognized stewardship and sustainable investment principles, while considering the Chinese market reality, we have developed a comprehensive analytical system utilizing Knowledge Graphs and Natural Language Processing, for the assessment and management of governance risks in the Chinese market. Our systemized analysis allows clients to fully consider corporate governance factors in their investment decision-making process and mitigate related risks.
Below is a visual example of our GSG Intelex Quotient™ matrix: